The National Service Officers program comprises the National Appeals Office in Washington D.C., the Court of Veteran Appeals and the National Outreach program.
The National Service Officers program assists ALL Veterans, their dependents, surviving spouses and orphans by:
- Educating veterans about their benefits and entitlements.
- Processing veterans’ claims for compensation, pension, medical care, education, job training, employment, housing, and death and burial benefits.
- Providing quality, professional representation for veterans whose benefits were denied at the local VA regional office.
- Employing a full-time attorney and presenting veterans’ claims before the court.
- Serving on the President’s Committee for employment of people with disabilities.
- Providing services to veterans in rural and urban areas.
- Reaching out to handicapped and destitute veterans unable to visit a VA regional office.
- Identifying and helping homeless veterans.